I slept last night in the weather port. It is a large portable shelter. It has an aluminum frame with a thick vinyl covering. It looks like a dome and is about 20ft. across. It is filled with 7 bunk beds, but as for now, I am the lone occupant. The kicker is that there is no heat. So I slept in subfreezing temperatures. But it isn't bad. I slept quite warm in my bag listening to the brook outside with a few owls calling back and forth. This is crazy, but it sounded just like my sound machine, only much better! I awoke to find that the condensation from my breathing had frozen to the outside of my bag. That was a first, but still I was warm. So I slept with my clothes in my bag, and put them on that morning before unzipping my bag. So I managed to get out of the bag without getting cold. Then I climbed up the hill and took a shower and went to church.
The church was and old First Baptist Church. It reminded me a lot of my parents church in Moss Point, MS. Then we came back to camp, cooked some excellent steak and then went fly fishing. Tonight, we'll have a worship service at camp and then tomorrow I'll be gone on my first training hike. We'll be gone for 5 days and the rumor is that we will be hit with a lot of snow and rain tomorrow night. It will make for a very interesting trip! But I am excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for taking the time to call your Mom on Mother's Day. The pictures are great!
Love and prayers always.
BE SAFE!!!!
Mom & Dad
Post a Comment