I am now in Oklahoma. The drive was boring and full of rain and traffic. However, my Jeep doesn't currenlty have AC, so having the rain made it cool. So I can't complain.
Today was spent playing with my nephews (more like annoying my nephews) and completing their playhouse with their dad Zach. Caleb (my nephew) continually said, "Thank you" everytime I attached a climbing hold to the climbing wall. So I got about twenty thank you's from Caleb (he is 2) to which I couldn't help but laugh because it was so funny! "Than you Ungle Dannon" I won't be able to get that out of my head for a while. :)
Kids can teach us alot! I spent twenty minutes with the kid just playing with toothbrushes. Who knew that a toothbrush could be so much fun! I watched Lion King with the kid and when Simba and his buddies were on their backs looking up at the stars, Caleb proceeded to get on the floor just like them and look up at the tv backwards just so he could see what it was like to look at the stars with them. Kids view things so differently than us adults. Everything is fresh and new to them. We have seen and experienced it a million times, and so it loses it's zest. To a kid, the smallest thing can bring out the biggest intrigue and curiosity. Anyway, it reminded me to view life with new eyes even in the mundane and daily routine. It's more fun that way!
Tomorrow, I leave for Colorado!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey bro. That blog is amazing. Thanks for bringing my perspective back to where it should be. I really feel a book in your future!
Post a Comment