Tuesday, June 24, 2008

HMMM

Ok, lots to tell, but I am a little hindered by technology at the moment.  I am running out of battery life on a borrowed computer, so I better hurry.   

I canceled my phone because I didn't want to spend 50 dollars a month for an answering machine that I could only check about once every week to two weeks.  You would think I would have email access too.  But Redcloud is connected by a satellite with a limited amount of bandwidth per day.  So we have many staff and little bandwidth.  So by the time I can get on the internet, we have used all of our supply, so the internet doesn't work late at night. I try to use it during the day periodically, but for some reason the satellite is not a reliable source.  So my connection is always interrupted.  So I can't really email anybody.  Currently, I was given the morning off, so I borrowed a friends computer and headed to lake city to get some reliable internet connection, only now his battery is about to go out.  So that is my current situation with connecting with the outside world.  I wish you knew how much I hate not being able to connect with all of you.  In fact, it is the only thing I am frustrated about.

Everyday is another adventure here!  My commutes are filled with the sound of rushing water instead of rushing motorists.  I spend my day not behind a desk, but outside working at a climbing rock, on a mountain, rafting, or at the top of a ropes course teaching kids to learn from challenges they fear and how they can apply that to their walk as Christians.  It is pretty amazing!  I could go on and on, but I don't have time.  Just last week, I was building bridges across swollen creeks.  A few weeks before that, I put my training into practice when I had to evacuate a young girl for a back injury.  I'll tell you more on that later.  Anyway, the battery is almost dead and I better go.  I hope to tell you more soon!  I miss you guys!


1 comment:

lyd said...

good to hear from you! we miss ya Dannon!
-lydia